the howlet

Friday, October 13, 2017



I’m am excited to be sharing another of the projects I have been making for Tim’s 2017 Halloween Inspiration. This card is made with Tim’s new Claw Marks thinlits; I see these as being used beyond Halloween, I already have an idea to re-purpose these claw marks for Holiday cards (stay tuned for that one).

howlet

Time:  >1
Yield:  1 Card (4.5 x 7”)
Wet Ingredients:
  • Ink – Alcohol Mushroom, Slate; Archival Black Soot; Distress Walnut Stain
  • Other – Collage Medium Matte
  • Paint – Distress Pumice Stone
  • Spray Stain – Frayed Burlap, Hickory Smoke, Walnut Stain
Dry Ingredients:
  • Cardstock – Kraft Stock, Wood Grain Paper          
  • Hardware – Halloween Clippings, Halloween Ephemera, Halloween Token, Index Clips, Nail Heads
  • Other – Textile Surface (course linen), Tissue Wrap (plain)
  • Ribbon – Eclectic Elements Thread
Tools/Equipment:
  • Dies – Alphanumeric 3/4”, Claw Marks
  • Other – Brayer, Craft Scratcher, Design Ruler
  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  





10 comments:

  1. Fantastic project! I like the clawdie very much so it is so inspiring to se what other people use it for. Can't wait for your next idea! Like how the owl is looking through the claws. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great textures! Awesome piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like actual bark! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really incredible Vicki! Absolutely love the way you used the scratches. Such great details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you layered the claw marks on the woodgrain paper. It's an amazing piece, Vicki! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous! I love the layering. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Craft scratcher, I don't know that I've seen that before or if I did, it had a different name. Very cool. Sometimes when I am uninspired I need a Craft Scratcher.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.