five...

Monday, June 12, 2017

Five years ago today, [this] crazy chick "wrote" (lol - fooling no one with that word) her first blog post.  Making tags and their photo tutorials has proven to be one of my greatest sources of personal creative fulfillment. Blogging has brought me many wonderful opportunities and new friendships too numerous to list. I am truly grateful for all the people I have 'met' over the course of the past five years. There really is no quick and easy way for me to express the magnitude of my gratitude to all of you, for all your support.  I’ll start by writing...THANK YOU! 

Thank you for “reading” my blog!
Thank you for following me on social media! 
Thank you for sharing my creative expressions with others!
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  

...here is this year’s blogiversary challenge tag*.

five…

Time: <3hours
Yield:  1 - #8 tag
Wet Ingredients:
  • Ink – Alcohol Mushroom, Poppyfield, Turquois; Distress Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain; Distress Oxide Broken China, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo; Other StāzOn
  • Other – Collage Medium Crazing, Distress Crayon Picket Fence; Mixative Silver
  • Spray Stain – Distress Old Paper
Dry Ingredients:
  • Cardstock – Distress Heavy Stock; Paperstash Memoranda
  • Hardware – 3 (scrapyard stash), Brads (take from label pulls), Long Fasteners, Sprockets Gears
  • Other – Quote Chip, Shrink Plastic, Tiny Attachers
  • Ribbon – Crinkle Ribbon, Film Strip
Tools/Equipment:
  • Adhesives – Collage Medium Matte, Foam Squares (black), Wonder Tape
  • Dies – Tag Collection, Torn Notebook (on edge)
  • Stamps – Wild West
  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  



*My (self-imposed) Blogiversary Challenge is to create a new tag using the same; stamp sets, colour palette and materials/thematic elements (hopefully getting more crazy/creative over time) as the ones I used in my first post and the first tag I made.

8 comments:

  1. Amazing as always! I'm impressed by your fantasy and creativity! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on five years. That's a big milestone. Love your tag. And shrink plastic is just so much fun. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Vicki on your 5 Year blogversary and Thank you for sharing those 5 years of your creative journey. Every post I have seen, be it here or via social media has been a winner imho - so inspiring! I may not always visit and comment, but I follow - guess it could be said I'm 'a silent admirer'. Just LOVE your ART ! Long may it continue .
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops! How could I forget the love I need to leave for your tag.... Shame on me !
    Its a stunner ! Vicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Vicki! Thanks for the inspiration and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been following for 5 years, but for the time I have been a follower, I can say your work is TOP NOTCH, and I love 'reading' your tutorials. You always present your work in a clear and understandable way through your ingredients lists and photos. I appreciate the time you take to do this, as I know it's no easy task.

    Your tag is just amazing, and I keep wondering how you come up with all these incredible ideas! Just amazing! (Oh, I've said that already!) Word defying is what your work is! Thanks for all the inspiration and happy 5 years! We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have a unique vision and wonderful tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only thing, which interests me so much, is whether do you sell your artworks or not? If you do, I would like to buy some of them. They look very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.