Bone Belle

Sunday, September 7, 2014



Corinthian column with a flourish.  The Stamper’s Anonymous Classic #2 set is one of my favourite collections. Not that I need an excuse to pull this set from pile, when I saw the Vintage Journey challenge, I knew where my inspiration was going to start.


Bone Belle

Time: >2 Hour
Yield:  1 – #8 Tag
Wet Ingredients:
  • Ink –Archival Jet Black, Watering Can;  Distress Antique Linen, Black Soot, Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Iced Spruce, Old Paper, Pumice Stone, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood
  • Other –  Embossing Dabber
  • Markers - Distress Antique Linen, Black Soot, Iced Spruce, Old Paper, Pumice Stone, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood
  • Paint –Distress Bundled Sage, Forest Moss
  • Stain – Distress Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Walnut Stain
Dry Ingredients:
  • 1 – #8 Manila Tag
  • Cardstock – Manila Paper, Water Colour Paper
  • Embossing Powder – Antiquities Cement
  • Hardware – Label Pull, Pen Nib, Remnant Rubs-Life Quotes, Word Band Observations
  • Ribbon – Jute Twine
Tools/Equipment:
  • Die – Tattered Leaves
  • Stamps – Classics #2, Fabulous Flourishes, Graph & Croc, Poisonous
  • Stencils – Stripes
 **a little piece of history**

 The acanthus leaf has a long funerary tradition and spiritual associations with the cycle-of-life.  In the second and third centuries these deeply veined and feathery arched leaves were often seen growing around the bases of grave markers. It was the observing of this natural phenomenon that the inspiration for the acanthus flourishes a top the Corinthian columns was born.

          

 

         

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


6 comments:

  1. I get your posts in my email - I subscribed to your feed a long time ago, I still cant get over how everything you make is a masterpiece. You are the Da Vinci of the Craftosphere, I swear. Loves the the acanthus leaves climbing out of label pull-tab thingie and I liked the little history of it as well. I have an acanthus leaf stamp that I love to death (see what I did there - ya'know with your skelly in the background and everything). Totally brilliant tag, like everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tag and superb blog post.Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just following your blog and have never seen the genius way to manipulate inks and metal in a surprising way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love the background and your use of the flourish stamp, but oh those leaves are just stunning! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our With a Flourish challenge. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous background with beautiful embellishments. I love your leaves too.

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.