Self Confidences

Tuesday, October 22, 2013




  

  

  

  



This all began as an idea for a Halloween tag.  I was captivated by the idea of several paper skeletons hanging from paper clip hangers - whimsy (right?) - and so I made these for the tag.  While I was cutting some of my paper skeletons in half; creating little bone shirts and pants, I couldn't escape the idiom “skeletons in my/your closet”.  After that,  I couldn't seem to incorporate these ‘garments’ into any of the tag backgrounds I was creating – what was always missing was the illusion of a closet (and I was now obsessing).

So, how do you make a tag feel like a closet?  After much creative consideration and crafty consternation;
            -the short answer is, I couldn't

            -the long answer is, I built a closet 



Self Confidences

Time:  2 days (including deliberations)
Yield:  1 – Miniature Armoire
Wet Ingredients:
  • Alcohol Ink –  (blending solution), Latte, Shell Pink; Archival Black;  Distress – Iced Spruce, Milled Lavender, Walnut Stain
  • Distress Paint – Bundled Sage, Picket Fence
  • Distress Stain – Picket Fence, Pumice Stone
  • Other – Glossy Accents
Dry Ingredients:
  • Cardstock –  Kraft Paper, Vanilla Paper
  • Hardware – 1/8' Stainless Steel Tubing, Box Corners, Brads, Corked Domes, Curio Knobs, Foundations, Hanger Clips, Hinges, Locket Keys, Long Fasteners, Ring Fasteners, Wooden Figurines (nuns), Word Keys
  • Other – Chip Board, Grungeboard, Grungepaper
  • Paperie – Laboratorie; Mirrored; Remnant Rubs-Apothecary, Numbers, Words: Tissue Tape - Laboratorie
  • Ribbon – Crinkle Ribbon, Embroidery Floss
Tools/Equipment:

  • Dies –  Cameo Frame, Pediments, Tiny Tabs & Tags
  • Rubber Stamps – A date with Ali, Haunted Mansion, Sketch
  • Stencils – Bubbles, Stripes

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  







  


  

  

  



  
  



  

  

  

  




  

13 comments:

  1. WOW This is absolutely amazing. I love all the details inside the airmore. It's brillant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, like I wake up every morning thinking I should just "build a closet"!!! LOL!! I love that your imagination is just as amazing as your creations! And I so love the idea of skeletons in the closet. How do you come up with this stuff???? LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing! I'd have to build a bigger wardrobe to hide all my skeletons but.... Seriously, fantastic work, as always. Keep going!
    Sue in Worcester (UK not MA)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is right up my alley-I love it what a great idea!!! I am so glad you also showed how you put it all together as I definitely will have to make one too! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous make, love it, congrats !!!! :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRILLIANT WORK!! I love the closet and all those wonderful skeletons all with they're own numbers. Thanks so much for sharing. Love this piece. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is stunning! once again you rock my world! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool, just the kind of stuff I love to make! I love all the detail and the skeletons. What a fun project! Everyone needs skeletons in the closest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW !!!! Amazing job, brillant idea(s), I fell wordless !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great tutorial, thank you so much for sharing so many details! I was wondering, did you use a strong liquid glue like Beacons to glue your chipboard pieces together? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love that…my granddaughter would also
    What an imagination with the wardrobe closet…amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.